Thursday, February 16, 2006

Bedrooms and hidden cams...

It is about CAR.. the much discussed client agency relationship imbroglio... now in India we have a new phase to enter in client agency relationship..The launch of independent relationship experts with their 360 degree tools and cameras ..

These experts will take money from the client and agency to be with them, study them and tell them that they are bad in their relation.Considering that CAR resembles ,Husband and Wife relation such independent relationship experts who will be behind both the partners to judge their relation seems a bit too far away from common sense for me to comprehend.

Sunil Gupta, country head, Aprais India and Sri Lanka (the main expert agency as of now)explains that "Aprais is not an audit firm; it facilitates smooth agency-client partnerships with an honest, unbiased evaluation system in place".

But excuse me gentlemen.......

Isnt it pathetic, to say the least, that I have to hire an external expert and his questionarre to know the strengths,weaknessess ,oppurtunities and threats in my relationship with my partner?

Isnt it tragic ,to say the least ,that I need an outsider to peep into my board room and my bed room to tell me the depth and width of our relationship ?

Isnt it idiotic,to say the least ,that I pay money to an onlooker and so do my client ,to know how good or bad I am in the most strategic of relations in my business?

Aprais they say will "help communication partners to review and compare their performance across brands, geographies and categories using consistent criteria"

But excuse me gentlemen....

Can they not do it themselves?

Or rather shouldnt they be doing it themselves and not allowing an intruder with his camera to record their relation and apparaise it?

Isnt it a shame for you agencies and clients..??

And in any case, if my relation with my partner is not healthy, if it is in the drain, and I dont know the reasons, either I am an ignorant ass or I am pretending sleepy and no god damn apprasier can wake me up with his 360 degrees and tabular sheets...

Excuse me gentle men.....

Have you heard of the proverbial fox who mediated the dispute between two poor goats .....

2 comments:

Harish B said...

i have a difference of opinion. an onlooker can give you a new perspective and can shake you out of monotony.
isnt it better that a third party to tell us that we are doing bad rather than the customers telling us..

Anonymous said...

i went through the site. it is amazing but let me quote something
regarding the article on client agency relationship audits.i feel the issue has two faces , i can agree with you in total if it is a relationship between a small ad agency and a medium or small firm, but it is better to use this tools when you have a big budget and great products to be launched.
Murale

Related Posts with Thumbnails